EELU Top Management
Board of Trustees
• The Egyptian Institution for Development of Education and Knowledge Services, together with the Education Development Fund (EDF), shall form the EELU Board of Trustees which is composed of 11 members including the President of the University. Most of the board members will have academic experience but it might also include businessmen and public personalities.
• The Board Members are appointed for three years renewable thereafter.
• EELU Board of Trustees will be headed by one of its members by election.
• EELU Board of Trustees shall choose one of its members to undertake the chairperson's duties on behalf of him in the case of his absence.
• The board's sessions are held at least twice a year, with extraordinary general meetings whenever needed, in all cases, the invitation of holding a session shall be done by the chairperson or the person elected on behalf of him.
• The board shall set an internal regulation for organising the board's works.
Board of Trustees Authorities
The Board of Trustees shall delegate any of its authority to the chairperson, the University Council or to any committee the board forms. The Board is authorized to:
• Draw up and approve the general policy, strategies and developing plans of the University.
• Allow the establishing of the University Faculties and its Learning Centres.
• Secure the Universities financial resources and accept on behalf of the University, grants and donations.
• Approve the Universities admission requirements and determine the number of accepted students and their tuition fees.
• Discuss and approve the annual report presented by the President of the University.
• Approval of the university budget and agree the draft budget.
• Approval of the Universities final accounts.
• Approval of the rules of using the Universities surplus, according to its annual budget after considering the President's opinion.
• Approval of the internal systems which the University Council suggests.
• Agree on the technological, scientific, cultural co-operation agreements between the University and other institutions and individuals.
• Agree on providing the University Academic programs based on a recommendation from the University Council.
• Appoint the University's External Auditor and determine his fees.
• Approval of the organizational structure of the University.
• Revise the Universities performance periodically.
• Agree on making contracts between the University and other external institutions and organizations.
• Agree on making internal or external financial loan agreements for the developmental projects of the University or for any other purposes upon a recommendation from the University Council.
• Consider the suggestions of the University Council.
• Consider the issues presented by the chairperson.
Board Chairperson Authorities
The Board of Trustees chairperson shall supervise the execution of the Universities general policy, strategy and the development plans approved by the Board. A vice Chairperson shall replace the chairperson in his absence. The chairperson has the right to assign advisors or specialised experts to help him in accomplishing his duties.
The chairperson is authorized to:
• Invite the Board Members for a meeting after approving the meeting schedule and the subjects to be discussed.
• The Head of the Board of Trustees will follow-up the execution of the decisions made.
• Nominate and appoint the University President after the approval of the Board of Trustees.
• Delegate one of the Universities Vice Presidents to undertake the President's work in case of the absence of the President or until appointing a new President to the University.
• Any other authorities the Board of Trustees shall recommend.
The University Council is formed of:
• President of the University(Chairperson).
• Vice President for Academic Affairs.
• Vice President for technology, research and development.
• Deans of Faculties.
• University General Trustee.
• One of the University learning centres managers alternately.
• A representative of the teaching staff from each faculty.
• Representatives of administrative staff, students and alumni, in addition to experienced members from outside the University. This membership is subject to the nomination of the University Council and approval of the Board of Trustees and lasts for two years, renewable thereafter.
The University Council shall hold periodic meetings, it can also hold extraordinary general meetings whenever needed.
University Council Authorities
The University Council shall delegate some of its authority to the President of the University or to any committee the council forms. The University Council shall develop an internal regulation to organize its works. The University Council is authorized to:
• Discuss and approve the administrative, financial and academic charters and other executive fundamentals.
• Discuss the internal system projects before presenting it to the Board of Trustees in order to gain approval.
• Suggest establishing new faculties, new academic programs and new academic learning centres and then present them to the University Board of Trustees.
• Strengthen the connections among the University Learning Centres and co-ordinate between them concerning their teaching methods, scientific research and examinations.
• Agree upon the educational schemes of the academic programs and approve the educational materials and teaching methods.
• Determine the semester's calendar including the semester's beginning and end dates, vacations, breaks off and returns according to circumstances.
• Suggest the admission policy, including admission requirements, numbers of students and present it to the Board of Trustees.
• Set the rules of scholarship for distinguished students or those who have real needs, provided that the scholarship's ratio shall not exceed 10% of the number of the enrolled students.
• Grant certificates and scientific degrees.
• Form committees for the council.
• Approval of the student's behaviour charter and the necessary disciplinary procedures.
• Approve of the description of academic programs and the necessary conditions for granting academic degrees and certificates, according to the corresponding charters.
• Approval of transfer credits for courses which students have taken in other universities.
• Determine and grant awards and scholarships according to the corresponding charters.
• Certify the collaboration agreements with other educational institutions.
• To approve the quality assurance criteria and follow its applications in the educational fields, scientific research and community services.
• Consider anything the Board of Trustees or the University President charges them with.
President of the University
The President of the University is appointed by a resolution from the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees, according to the conditions and criteria the Board of Trustees puts in place. The President's appointment is approved by the Minister of Higher Education. It is stipulated that the President of the University must have been a professor for five years minimum and shall be appointed to the post for a term of four years, renewable thereafter.
• Dr.Yasser Hesham Dakroury President of the Egyptian e-Learning University
• A Vice President is appointed by a resolution from the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees. Upon the nomination of the University President in the light of the specific method of selecting him, it is stipulated that a Vice President has been a professor for five years minimum and shall be appointed to the post for a term of four years, renewable thereafter.
• The University has two Vice Presidents as follows:
• The University Vice President for Academic Affairs.
• The University Vice President for technology, research and development.
• The President of the University shall assign any Vice President to carry out his work and obligations in his absence as a President of the University by proxy.
• In the case of the University President's post becoming available, the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees shall assign a Vice President to perform the University President's duties until such time that a new University President is appointed.
Authorities of the University President
The President of the University shall assume the academic, administrative and financial affairs of the University and shall be authorised to:
• Represent the University before the official authorities, agencies and persons.
• Manage the University scientific, financial and administrative affairs according to the University's Charter, the internal regulations and decisions issued herein.
• Supervise the preparation of the University's general budget and its final accounts presenting them to the Board of Trustees after having presented them to the University Council.
• Present an annual report to the University Council at the end of every academic year, including the academic, scientific and administrative performance of the University and its role in serving the community, developing the environment and its current situation regarding its international relations.
• Assign specialists for preparing the internal regulation drafts, including the academic, administrative and financial charters which organise the university works and then present them to the University Council.
• Appointment of teaching staff from inside or outside Egypt, assigning them to the University.
• Appoint the academic and non-academic vacancies with exception to vacant positions which are part of the authorities of the Board of Trustees.
• Supervise the preparation of the University strategies, its annual and quintet plans and then in the light of this strategy, present them to the University Council to discuss and submit to the Board of Trustees for approval as a final version.
The President of the University shall delegate one of his authorities to the Vice Presidents, Deans or any other person from the University's top management. The President of the University shall supervise the following administrative cadres:
• The University Vice President for Academic Affairs.
• The University Vice President for Technology, Research and Development.
• Marketing Communications Administration.
• Legal Account Auditor.
• Legal Advisor.
• Legal Affairs Administration.
• Faculty Deans
• Academic Centre Managers.
• University General Trustee.
• The President Office Manager and secretarial staff.
Authorities of the University Vice President for Academic Affairs
The University Vice President for Academic Affairs is authorized to:
• Supervise the organization of the educational process in the university and supervise the learning centres academically.
• Supervise the preparation and execution of the learning programs and the educational plans by co-ordinating with the faculties.
• Suggest the admission policy and supervise its execution.
• Oversee the registration process of the University Academic Centres, , making sure of their ongoing development and its suitability for the student's requirements and technical development.
• Suggest the general policy for student services, making sure that the student services are working well for the benefit of the students.
• Co-ordinate the delivery of all educational materials and supplies, making sure of their prompt delivery to the learning centres within the scheduled time frame.
• Co-ordinate the appointments and academic promotions for the teaching staff and lecturers, in addition to making decisions concerning them.
• Help in the accreditation process of the academic programs and follow its procedures, making sure that it has been delivered to the responsible authority within the appointed time frame.
• Propose what would develop the policies, charters and procedures which control the educational process, for instance; Bachelor charters, examinations, teaching staff appointments and promotions and course equivalence charters... etc.
• Ensure the existence of an assessment system for the academic staff, making sure that those who are responsible for the assessment process are executing it in a proper way.
• Prepare the annual University calendar and the final examination schedule.
• Participate in following university agreements with other institutions and make the university authorities responsible aware of its importance, significance and requirements.
• Participate in drawing up the university strategy projects, plans and future programs.
• Be the Chairperson or a member on the committee which the regulations and resolutions define.
• Do any other tasks and duties the University regulations and system stipulate.
• Supervise the process of the University's accreditation scheme both locally and internationally, providing their requirements, preparing the necessary documents to present to the concerned authorities duly and in a timely manner in addition to spreading awareness of the accreditation system, both inside and outside the University.
• Supervise the appliance of quality assurance criteria academically, technically and administratively.
• Any task the President of the University charges him with within the university objectives and mission.
The University Vice President for Academic Affairs shall supervise the following administrative cadres:
• Student affairs administration.
• Examination administration.
• Quality assurance and accreditation administration.
•The Continuing Education and Community services Centre.
• Office Manager and Secretarial staff.
Authorities of the University Vice President for Technology, Research and Development
The University Vice President for Technology, Research and Development is authorized to:
• Supervise the University's scientific research, stimulate the teaching staff to carry out scientific researches, spread public awareness of the scientific research importance and work on developing their instruction and charters. Co-ordinate teaching staff attendance for scientific conferences.
• Supervise the preparation of the draft for the human resources development plans and training for the teaching staff, lecturers and employees, in addition to putting executive programs together for those plans, and co-ordinating with the responsible authority.
• Help in the accreditation process of academic courses by following its procedures and making sure that it is delivered to the responsible authority within the correct time scale.
• Participate in the University Council and the Academic Committee including heading some of the committees which the regulations and systems stipulate.
• Do any other tasks and duties the University regulations and systems stipulate.
• Complete any task that the President of the University charges him with, within the University's objectives and mission.
The University Vice President for Technology, Research and Development shall supervise the following administrative cadres:
• Education Technology Center.
• Information Technology and Network Department.
• Scientific Research and Development Department.
University General Trustee
The University General Trustee is appointed by a resolution from the Board Chairperson, after a nomination from the President of the University in the light of the specific method of selecting him. It is stipulated that the University General Trustee shall hold a University Certificate with experience in the financial and administrative field and he/she is witnessed to be efficient, honest and has good manners. The appointment is for three years, renewable thereafter.
The powers and responsibilities of the University General Trustee are issued by the President of the University. The General Trustee shall handle the following responsibilities:
• Suggest the regulations and procedures which organise the University's financial and administrative processes, working on developing them continually to achieve transparency, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Supervise the University's buildings, its centres, utilities and cleanness. Provide services for them like water, electricity and transport to enable the responsible persons, workers and students to accomplish their tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
• Supervise the preparation of the annual budget of the University and its Learning Centres duly and within the strategic vision.
• Make sure that the financial transactions and procedures are completed according to the correct financial and accounting rules, financial systems and its charters.
• Make sure that the purchases of the University and its centres are done according to the specified systems and that the university possession of instruments, equipment, books materials, educational bags, computer system programs are preserved and treated in a way that prevents them from loss, damage, misuse or theft. • Participate in University strategic projects, plans and programs in the field of his/her works.
• Guarantee the existence of a system for evaluating the performance of the administrative and financial employees, making sure that the persons in charge are doing the evaluation process duly.
• Suggest the appointment of some employees according to the regulations and systems.
• Head or participate in committees and councils according to the rules and regulations.
• Do other works which the regulations and systems stipulate.
• Complete any task the President of the University charges them with.
The General Trustee shall supervise the following administrative cadres:
• Financial affairs administration.
• Human resources administration.
• Administrative affairs administration.
The University Deans are appointed by a resolution from the President of the University for three years, renewable thereafter. It is also stipulated that the Dean is a professor. The Dean is responsible for planning, developing and evaluating the academic programs of the faculty. He/she shall recommend awarding the faculty degrees and certificates to the University Council.
Learning Centre Manager
The Learning Centre Manager is appointed by a resolution from the President of the University and is for three years, renewable thereafter. It is stipulated that the Learning Center Manager shall be an associate professor at least.
Authorities of the Learning Centre Manager
The Learning Centre Manager shall carry out the following duties:
• Represent the centre before the official authorities and people where the centre is established.
• Manage the academic, financial and administrative affairs of the centre.
• Present periodic reports about the centre's activities to the President of the University, in addition to presenting a report at the end of the semester and an annual report at the end of the academic year regarding the centre's achievements.
• To advise the President of the University on all issues related to employment or the promotion of teaching staff, instructors and employees within the centre.
• Supervise the preparation of the centre's draft budget, including actioning it after taking approval from the competent authorities in the University.
• Discuss the centre's budget and final accounts of the previous fiscal year and submitting them to the President of the University.
• Suggest to the President of the University any plans to develop the University's programs, educational materials, teaching methods and any administrative, financial and student affairs.
• Undertake any other works the President of the University charges him/her with, within the framework of the University's Charter and Regulations.