• The study system of the University is based on courses and credit hours, the attachments of this charter, show the academic programs and the allocations of its compulsory and elective courses and also the allocation of the courses in each level of the four level studies, in addition to a description of each course.
• Each faculty in the University determines the content of the courses. Such courses are certified by a resolution from the Faculty Dean in the light of the continuing updates of the courses according to the recent additions of the technological sciences. It is not permissible to modify the content of any course until it is presented for at least three semesters. The content of the courses shall be revised by specialised committees within a period of five years maximum.
• A student shall have a Bachelor Degree after studying a number of courses equivalent to the number of credit hours specified in the charter of each Faculty in the University.
• At the beginning of each semester, a student chooses the courses he/she wants to study in this semester from the courses the faculty offers. Academic advisors shall help students in choosing the courses, in accordance with the rules of the course registration determined by the University.
• A student shall not be registered unless he/she pays the full tuition fees.
English is the language of instruction in all faculties and the Faculty Council shall determine any other language of instruction for some of its courses.
Credit Hour system:
The credit hours for each course determine the number of virtual teaching hours in a week for each course. A student should not take more than 19 credit hours in one semester and not less than 3 credit hours but in some exceptional cases, according to the rules set by the Faculty Council and upon the recommendation of the academic advisor, the student may take 3 credit hours in addition to the maximum rate after the approval of the Dean. In all cases, the number of credit hours that a student shall take is calculated according to his/her GPA and in collaboration with the academic advisor.
• An academic year begins in September of each year and lasts for 16 study weeks in the main two semesters (Fall and Spring) and 6 study weeks in the summer semester.
• The University Council, for public interest, shall determine the start and the end of semesters before or after the mentioned dates.
• The competent Faculty Dean shall determine the courses offered per semester and dates of registration before the beginning of every semester.
• Students select their courses with the help of their academic advisors. After that, they proceed with registration.
• Registration for any course is processed only after the student fulfils all necessary requirements, including successful completion of qualifying and is a prerequisite for all courses.
• A student may register during the first week of a semester, with the approval of the academic advisor. The competent Faculty Dean may agree to enroll a student before the end of the third week of a semester, provided that the Dean accepts the students excuse for the delay and with the approval of the academic advisor, besides that, the student shall pay a delay registration fee determined by the University Council.
Add, Drop, Withdrawal:
• Adding or dropping courses may take place in the first two weeks of the semester, provided that the number of credit hours per semester is kept within limits, after the approval of the student's academic advisor and the course co-ordinator.
• Students may withdraw from a course after the approval of their academic advisors and course co-ordinators within a maximum of 5 weeks from the beginning of the semester, provided that the minimum number of credit hours per semester is kept within limits. A student may withdraw from a course after the fifth week from the start of the semester, provided that the student submits an excuse which is accepted by the Faculty Council. In both cases, such courses shall not be recorded in the student study record.
• A student may withdraw from all courses in a semester for some exceptional or forced reasons that are accepted by the intended Faculty Council. In this case, the student's grades in these courses will not be included in his/her GPA.
Study Break off:
• A student can break off his study for a period of time within not more than 3 semesters after presenting a reasonable written excuse that is accepted by the Faculty Council, then he/she can precede with his/her studyies.
• In case a student breaks off his/her study for more than 3 semesters with an accepted excuse, he/she can then continue with his/her studyies. However, only passed courses with minimum grades of C+ will be considered, otherwise he/she shall re-register the past courses with grades less than C+. In all cases, the student shall register any new prerequisites for graduation in time for re-admission.
• A student is dismissed from the faculty if he/she breaks off his/her study's without a written excuse for two semesters or if he/she breaks off his/her studies for the same time period although the Faculty Council has refused the presented excuse.
• In case a student breaks off his/her studies for more than 6 semesters after presenting an excuse accepted by the Faculty Council, then he/she can return to continuing their studies in the faculty although he/she will be treated as a new student and he/she will take no points in any courses they have studied prior to his or her break off period. In all cases, the student shall pay a break off registration fee determined by the University Council.